Malvern Retreat House will host its Art Show 2013 event from Jan. 30 to Feb. 3. Admission is free and is open to the public on Wednesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday hours are from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The show features original works of art by more than 100 professional artists in various media including painting, sculpture, photography, ceramics, jewelry, and glasswork. Each piece of artwork is available for purchase and a portion of the sales will benefit Malvern Retreat House.
Special events for the art show include:
* Wine and Cheese Reception, Friday, Feb. 1, 5-8 p.m., featuring a complimentary wine and cheese reception, and a chance to meet some of the artists and fellow art enthusiasts.
* Artist Demonstrations: Learn how-to’s from some of the area’s leading professional artists. All demonstrations require advance reservation — call 484-321-2544 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* “Colorful and Contemporary, the Work of Lynnette Shelley” (Ambler) will explore the influence of mythology and folklore in art on Wednesday, Jan. 30 at 2 p.m. The fee is $20 and includes refreshments.
* “Sculpting with Light” with Harold Ross (Lancaster County) will include photography technique using still life on Thursday, Jan. 31 at 6 p.m. The fee is $40, which includes a casual light supper.
* “Decorating with Artwork” with Judi Larkin of Larkin Interiors (Paoli) will solve the puzzle of placement and lighting on Saturday, Feb. 2 at 10 a.m.; the fee is $15 and includes
Help keep Catholic media free, support CatholicPhilly.com
You may have noticed “pay walls” greeting you when you visit the websites of newspapers and magazines, both large and small. These mechanisms allow you to read a few articles for free before you’ve got to pay an annual fee if you want to see more.
You won’t find a pay wall on CatholicPhilly.com because we’re more than a news organization. We’re informing, inspiring and forming readers in the Catholic faith every day through the news, features and commentaries that we post on this site and share across social media.
It costs money to provide high-quality coverage of the local Catholic communities we primarily serve, while also distributing national and world news of interest to Catholics, plus the orthodox teachings of the Catholic faith.
Help us in this mission by making a single gift of $40, $50, $100, or more. Your gift will strengthen the fabric of our entire Catholic community.
Make your donation by check:
222 N. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
or by credit card: