Malvern Retreat House invites men, women, families and married couples to attend retreats this fall that provide spiritual growth, fellowship with others and time for reflection.
Owned and operated by Catholic lay leadership since 1912, Malvern is the oldest and largest Catholic retreat house in the country. It hosts 20,000 people annually through 250 retreats on its 125-acre campus located at 315 South Warren Avenue in Malvern, Chester County.
Upcoming featured retreats include:
- Family Labor Day Retreat (Aug. 30-Sept. 1) — Bring your family for a spiritual weekend retreat to relax and enjoy each other’s company before school starts again. Hosted in the McShain-Horstmann Family Life Center, this retreat welcomes families with young children, teens and even grandparents. It features inspirational teaching, Mass, music, games and great food.
- Women’s Evening of Reflection “Mary Magdalene: Strength and Determination” (Sept. 12, 6-9:30 p.m.) — Women are invited to attend an evening of reflection that includes dinner, a talk and Mass. Malvern Retreat House’s rector, Msgr. Joseph T. Marino, will share how Mary Magdalene’s character can inspire our spiritual growth.
- Cana Retreat for Married Couples (Sept. 13-15) — Married couples are invited to be together with our Lord for reflection, liturgies and private Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, or to take time alone for just themselves. The weekend retreat includes private accommodations and five meals.
- Our Lady of Confidence Retreat (Oct. 8-10) — Celebrating its 50th anniversary, this annual three-day retreat is for all men and women with intellectual disabilities. Our Lady of Confidence retreat also provides buddies, collects clothing for men and women of any size and allows people to sponsor an individual retreatant.
- Our Lady of the Rosary Family Retreat (Oct. 18-20) — This retreat welcomes families with young children, teens and even grandparents. Enjoy inspirational teaching, Mass, music, games, great food, and more.
- Eileen George Healing Retreat (Nov. 18-22) — Eileen George, renowned for her healing ministry, leads this five-day healing retreat. Includes conferences, private Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, meals, prayers and quiet time. A Healing Service is open to the public on Thursday evening, Nov. 21, at 7:30 p.m.
Traditional Men’s Retreats: Men looking for something more in their spiritual life are invited to join any of Malvern Retreat House’s traditional men’s retreat groups. Includes Mass, confession, Adoration, discussions and more.
- Aug. 23-25 — Our Lady of Perpetual Help
- Sept. 6-8 — Nativity B.V.M.
- Sept. 13-15 — St. Joseph
- Oct. 1-3 — Pope John XXIII
- Oct. 11-13 — Prosit
- Oct. 18-20 — Atlantic City Knights of Columbus Auto Club
- Oct. 25-27 — Christus Rex
- Nov. 1-3 — Legion of Mary (silent retreat; for Legion of Mary members only)
- Nov. 8-10 — Ave Maria
- Nov. 15-17 — Dr. Furey Memorial
- Nov. 22-24 — Knights of Immaculata
- Nov. 29-Dec. 1 — Thanksgiving, I.H.M.
Men’s Recovery Retreats: Matt Talbot retreats bring together groups of recovering alcoholics in a setting that promotes fellowship and sharing throughout the weekend. Includes Mass, confession, Adoration, conferences, discussion group break-out sessions and AA meetings. All recovery retreats are non-denominational, ecumenical and spiritual rather than specifically religious. All of God’s children are welcome.
- Sept. 27-29 — Matt Talbot #34
- Oct. 11-13 — Matt Talbot #8
- Oct. 18-20 — Matt Talbot #19
- Nov. 8-10 — Matt Talbot #48
- Nov. 15-17 — Matt Talbot #66
Traditional Women’s Retreats: Women are invited to grow spiritually and join any traditional women’s retreat. Includes Mass, confession, Adoration, discussions and more.
- Sept. 20-22 — Our Lady of Peace
- Nov. 22-24 — November Women’s Group
To register or learn more about any of these retreats, call 610-644-0400 or visit the website of Malvern Retreat House.