The International Theology of the Body Congress will be held in Philadelphia July 9-11 at the Sheraton Downtown Philadelphia Hotel and hosted by the Theology of the Body Institute.
The congress and its activities are based upon Pope John Paul II’s teaching on human sexuality and the Christian mystery of spousal union with Christ. That teaching has been titled the Theology of the Body.
Some of the world’s leading experts and members of the church hierarchy will gather to teach and network with educators, activists and devotees to apply this teaching to many facets of the Catholic faith and everyday life.
Highlights of the three-day program include:
• More than 30 seminars, roundtable discussions, expert panels and keynotes;
• Sharing and collaboration between key Theology of the Body leaders, catechists, church leaders and teachers from around the country;
• Catholic vendors specializing in Theology of the Body-related products;
• Two breakfasts, a luncheon, two dinners and a special awards presentation;
• Eucharistic adoration, reconciliation and daily Mass celebrated at the Cathedral Basilica of SS. Peter and Paul.
Learn more and register for the congress at its website.