The International Theology of the Body Congress will be held in Philadelphia July 9-11 at the Sheraton Downtown Philadelphia Hotel and hosted by the Theology of the Body Institute.
The congress and its activities are based upon Pope John Paul II’s teaching on human sexuality and the Christian mystery of spousal union with Christ. That teaching has been titled the Theology of the Body.
Some of the world’s leading experts and members of the church hierarchy will gather to teach and network with educators, activists and devotees to apply this teaching to many facets of the Catholic faith and everyday life.
Highlights of the three-day program include:
• More than 30 seminars, roundtable discussions, expert panels and keynotes;
• Sharing and collaboration between key Theology of the Body leaders, catechists, church leaders and teachers from around the country;
• Catholic vendors specializing in Theology of the Body-related products;
• Two breakfasts, a luncheon, two dinners and a special awards presentation;
• Eucharistic adoration, reconciliation and daily Mass celebrated at the Cathedral Basilica of SS. Peter and Paul.
Learn more and register for the congress at its website.
Help keep Catholic media free, support CatholicPhilly.com
You may have noticed “pay walls” greeting you when you visit the websites of newspapers and magazines, both large and small. These mechanisms allow you to read a few articles for free before you’ve got to pay an annual fee if you want to see more.
You won’t find a pay wall on CatholicPhilly.com because we’re more than a news organization. We’re informing, inspiring and forming readers in the Catholic faith every day through the news, features and commentaries that we post on this site and share across social media.
It costs money to provide high-quality coverage of the local Catholic communities we primarily serve, while also distributing national and world news of interest to Catholics, plus the orthodox teachings of the Catholic faith.
Help us in this mission by making a single gift of $40, $50, $100, or more. Your gift will strengthen the fabric of our entire Catholic community.
Make your donation by check:
222 N. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Or by credit card here: