Current and former parishioners are invited to the Mass in the church located at School Lane and Foss Avenue in Drexel Hill and afterward for a celebration at Springfield Country Club.
The parish was founded in July 1916 when Archbishop Edmond Prendergast sent Father Joseph McShain to Drexel Hill to find suitable land to build a church. From its humble beginnings in a home on Burmont Road, St. Andrew Parish grew from 55 founding members to nearly 5,000 today.
At a time in history when many parishes and schools are consolidating or closing their doors, St. Andrew continues to grow. Rising enrollment in the parish school and a growing number of ministries and community outreach programs has prompted the parish to embrace a capital campaign.
It will provide a much-needed gymnasium for children and a parish center for the community.