All parish ministry leaders in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia seeking to communicate more effectively with their parishioners are invited to a half-day workshop on Friday, Feb. 10 at St. Charles Borromeo Seminary titled “The Bulletin and Beyond: Building a Parish Communication Plan for the 21st Century.”
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify simple ways to update the methods used to communicate with parishioners without breaking the budget;
- Craft effective messaging that gets noticed and increases parishioner engagement;
- Build and grow an efficient email and text message database for parish use.
The workshop is designed for the benefit of priests, deacons, school administrators and other parish ministry leaders. The content is designed to be relevant and useful for individuals of all technology comfort levels.
The guest speaker is Matthew Warner, founder and CEO of Flocknote, a digital tool designed for parish communications.
The workshop will be held in the College Auditorium of St. Charles Seminary from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The cost for the day is $20 per person and includes morning refreshments.
It is being jointly sponsored by archdiocesan offices including CatholicPhilly.com, the Office for Communications, the Office for Information Technology, the Office for the New Evangelization and the seminary’s Office for External Affairs.
To register and to learn more, visit phillyevang.org/events.
Help us keep you informed -- CatholicPhilly.com can't do it without youDuring CatholicPhilly.com's fall donation campaign, you have a way to help us deliver the kind of news you need to know about the Catholic Church, especially in the Philadelphia region, and the world in which we live. Every household's costs keep rising, and we're no different. We make sure your dollars in any amount go a long way toward continuing our mission to inform, form in the Catholic faith and inspire the thousands of readers who visit every month. Here is how you can help:
- A $100 gift allows us to present award-winning photos of Catholic life in our neighborhoods.
- A $50 gift enables us to cover a news event in a local parish, school or Catholic institution.
- A $20 gift lets us obtain solid faith formation resources that can deepen your spirituality and knowledge of the faith.
- A small, automated monthly donation means you can support us continually and easily.
Please join in the church's vital mission of communications by offering a gift in whatever amount that you can -- a single gift of $40, $50, $100, or more, or a monthly donation. Your gift will strengthen the fabric of our entire Catholic community.
Make your donation by check:
222 N. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Or by credit card here: