Malvern Retreat House will host its Art Show 2013 event from Jan. 30 to Feb. 3. Admission is free and is open to the public on Wednesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday hours are from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The show features original works of art by more than 100 professional artists in various media including painting, sculpture, photography, ceramics, jewelry, and glasswork. Each piece of artwork is available for purchase and a portion of the sales will benefit Malvern Retreat House.
Special events for the art show include:
* Wine and Cheese Reception, Friday, Feb. 1, 5-8 p.m., featuring a complimentary wine and cheese reception, and a chance to meet some of the artists and fellow art enthusiasts.
* Artist Demonstrations: Learn how-to’s from some of the area’s leading professional artists. All demonstrations require advance reservation — call 484-321-2544 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* “Colorful and Contemporary, the Work of Lynnette Shelley” (Ambler) will explore the influence of mythology and folklore in art on Wednesday, Jan. 30 at 2 p.m. The fee is $20 and includes refreshments.
* “Sculpting with Light” with Harold Ross (Lancaster County) will include photography technique using still life on Thursday, Jan. 31 at 6 p.m. The fee is $40, which includes a casual light supper.
* “Decorating with Artwork” with Judi Larkin of Larkin Interiors (Paoli) will solve the puzzle of placement and lighting on Saturday, Feb. 2 at 10 a.m.; the fee is $15 and includes
Join the CatholicPhilly.com family
CatholicPhilly.com works to strengthen the connections between people, families and communities every day by delivering the news people need to know about the Catholic Church, especially in the Philadelphia region, and the world in which we live.
By your donation in any amount, you and hundreds of other people become part of our mission to inform, form in the Catholic faith and inspire the thousands of readers who visit every month.
Here is how you can help:
- A $100 gift allows us to present award-winning photos of Catholic life in our neighborhoods.
- A $50 gift enables us to cover a news event in a local parish, school or Catholic institution.
- A $20 gift lets us obtain solid faith formation resources that can deepen your spirituality and knowledge of the faith.
- A small, automated monthly donation means you can support us continually and easily.
Won't you consider making a gift today?
Please join in the church's vital mission of communications by offering a gift in whatever amount that you can ― a single gift of $40, $50, $100, or more, or a monthly donation. Your gift will strengthen the fabric of our entire Catholic community and sustain CatholicPhilly.com as your trusted news source. Thank you in advance!
Make your donation by credit card here:
Or make your donation by check:
222 N. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103