Theology of the Body Course at Malvern
Malvern Retreat House
Start Date and Time:
July 22 @ 4:00 p.m.
End Date and Time
July 27 @ 1:00 p.m.
Have you ever struggled with explaining the “why” behind the “what” of the Catholic Church’s teaching on topics like contraception, procreative technologies, sterilization, abortion, homosexuality, cohabitation or pornography? The Catholic Sexual Ethics course, taught by John Haas, Ph.D., is a wonderful opportunity to learn more of the “whys” and to learn how Pope Saint John Paul II’s Theology of the Body shines light on these topics.
This course reflects on the moral challenges raised by the sexual revolution in the twentieth century. It will examine chastity as a virtue looking at the specific issues of fornication, adultery, masturbation, chastity within marriage, contraception, and homosexuality in light of the Theology of the Body.
All our week-long retreats include:
- Five days of learning and interactive lecture (30 hours of master’s level instruction) •Fantastic workbook so you can focus on receiving vs. note-taking •Daily Mass, adoration, and confession •Accommodations and delicious meals (included) •Time for relaxation and networking •Gorgeous grounds to soak in God’s natural beauty •Option for round trip shuttle from the Philadelphia International Airport
Ticket URL (optional)
Join the CatholicPhilly.com family
CatholicPhilly.com works to strengthen the connections between people, families and communities every day by delivering the news people need to know about the Catholic Church, especially in the Philadelphia region, and the world in which we live.
By your donation in any amount, you and hundreds of other people become part of our mission to inform, form in the Catholic faith and inspire the thousands of readers who visit every month.
Here is how you can help:
- A $100 gift allows us to present award-winning photos of Catholic life in our neighborhoods.
- A $50 gift enables us to cover a news event in a local parish, school or Catholic institution.
- A $20 gift lets us obtain solid faith formation resources that can deepen your spirituality and knowledge of the faith.
- A small, automated monthly donation means you can support us continually and easily.
Won't you consider making a gift today?
Please join in the church's vital mission of communications by offering a gift in whatever amount that you can ― a single gift of $40, $50, $100, or more, or a monthly donation. Your gift will strengthen the fabric of our entire Catholic community and sustain CatholicPhilly.com as your trusted news source. Thank you in advance!
Make your donation by credit card here:
Or make your donation by check:
222 N. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
PREVIOUS: 50-year reunion for Bishop Conwell and Bishop Egan high schools
NEXT: 7 Day Directed Retreat at Cranaleith Spiritual Center
Share this story