The Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia presents its Catholic Leadership Speaker Series on Thursday, Oct. 14 from 4 to 5 p.m. in a virtual event.
The featured speaker is Dr. James Smith Jr. presenting on “The Pursuit of Authenticity: Personal Power, Personal Responsibility and Faith – A Powerful Combination.”
During these uncertain and ever-changing times, people are searching for the truth. We are looking for new ways to accelerate our personal power to consistently live what we give. We don’t want fake, phony, ego or pretend. And we want our leaders to be seen as aspirational, not held on a pedestal. Going forward, showing up as authentically as we can will be a game-changer. We will be difference-makers.
These are challenging, character-building and pivotal times. People are still healing. They’ve become more skeptical, learned, critical and sensitive. They’ve also become deep thinkers who don’t want sensationalism, false rhetoric, or noise.
During this quick-paced, high-energy session you will:
• Explore the true meaning of authenticity;
• Uncover why it’s more important than ever before for us to be at our authentic best;
• Discuss what helps and what hinders authentic expression;
• Examine how authenticity can help us provide a much greater level of service and support;
• Explore the impact that personal power, personal accountability and faith have on authentic communication and living.
This opportunity will explore the areas in our life where we can be more authentic. The old version of ourselves is not going to be relevant today and in the future.
To register for the event, visit the CFGP’s website here. There is no cost to register for this event.
Smith passionately works with learners, providing high performance solutions in the areas of leadership, authenticity, diversity and inclusion, presentation skills and personal power. The author, speaker, coach and educator has provided his JIMPACT nationally and internationally, and has worked with leaders, managers and individual contributors, both virtually and in-person.
He also authored three books, with his last book, “The No Excuse Guide to Success,” being nominated for an NAACP Image Award.
In a time to build, CatholicPhilly.com connects people and communities
As society emerges from the loss and separation of the pandemic, CatholicPhilly.com works to strengthen the connections between people, families and communities every day by delivering the news people need to know about the Catholic Church, especially in the Philadelphia region, and the world in which we live.
By your donation in any amount, you join in our mission to inform, form in the Catholic faith and inspire the thousands of readers who visit every month.
Here is how you can help:
- A $100 gift allows us to present award-winning photos of Catholic life in our neighborhoods.
- A $50 gift enables us to cover a news event in a local parish, school or Catholic institution.
- A $20 gift lets us obtain solid faith formation resources that can deepen your spirituality and knowledge of the faith.
- A small, automated monthly donation means you can support us continually and easily.
Won't you consider making a gift today?
Please join in the church's vital mission of communications by offering a gift in whatever amount that you can ― a single gift of $40, $50, $100, or more, or a monthly donation. Your gift will strengthen the fabric of our entire Catholic community.
Make your donation by credit card here:
Or make your donation by check:
222 N. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103