Parishioners of St. Philip Neri Parish in the Queen Village section of Philadelphia worshiped at the 4:30 Saturday evening vigil Mass. The parish pastor, Father James Oliver, was the main celebrant at one of Philadelphia’s oldest Catholic churches, founded in 1840. Learn more about the parish here. (Photos by Sarah Webb)
The exterior of St. Philip Neri Church, located at 218 Queen Street in Philadelphia.
Extraordinary minister of holy Communion Madeline Eells offers the precious blood to Joe Hundzynski.
Father James Oliver, parish pastor, elevates the host at the consecration during Mass.
Julia and Bernadette Niebling pray with their mother Caroline (center) during Mass.
William Hundzynski serves at the altar for Mass.
Naomi McLaughlin (left) and Anna Henderson bring up the offertory gifts to Father James Oliver.
Rosa Agliata prays during Mass.
Pat Panzera prays along with fellow parishioners.
Cantor Joanna Pascale leads the congregation in song.
Organist Kelly Lanza plays the music to help parishioners lift their praises to God in song.
Jim DelBello follows along with the readings at Mass.
Lector Jeff Omaña proclaims the Word of God during Mass.