Seminar With Sharon Browning to Practice Deep Listening and Non-Judgmental Communication
Cranaleith Spiritual Center, 13475 Proctor Road, NE Philadelphia
Start Date and Time:
Saturday, May 11, 10 AM
End Date and Time
Saturday, May 11, 3 PM
Conversations That Matter is a series of discussions that provide opportunities for meaningful engagement with others through deep listening and contemplative dialogue.
Join us for a discussion on the lived stories of women who carry the struggle, strength, wisdom and grace embodied in the wounds of our time. This session will explore the challenges facing migrant and refugee women from such places as Argentina, Guatemala and Congo. The refugee crisis is a human crisis. Behind the statistics are people filled with unique life experiences and dreams for the future.
Facilitator, Sharon Browning, Director of Just Listening for the Common Good…, (a movement that arose out of the belief that listening is a transformative act of justice) will lead us in the practice of conscious, intentional, non-egoic and non-judgmental communication.
For those who have attended Sharon’s programs before, this will be a deeper dive into the Just Listening process.
By the end of the day, you will be able to:
- Identify core personal and social impediments to listening
- Gain essential listening and speaking skills
- Practice new, compassionate, ego-less communication
- Converse with new friends from diverse backgrounds and
Cost: $45 (includes lunch) Some scholarship assistance available.
Learn more and register here:
Ticket URL (optional)
Join the CatholicPhilly.com family
CatholicPhilly.com works to strengthen the connections between people, families and communities every day by delivering the news people need to know about the Catholic Church, especially in the Philadelphia region, and the world in which we live.
By your donation in any amount, you and hundreds of other people become part of our mission to inform, form in the Catholic faith and inspire the thousands of readers who visit every month.
Here is how you can help:
- A $100 gift allows us to present award-winning photos of Catholic life in our neighborhoods.
- A $50 gift enables us to cover a news event in a local parish, school or Catholic institution.
- A $20 gift lets us obtain solid faith formation resources that can deepen your spirituality and knowledge of the faith.
- A small, automated monthly donation means you can support us continually and easily.
Won't you consider making a gift today?
Please join in the church's vital mission of communications by offering a gift in whatever amount that you can ― a single gift of $40, $50, $100, or more, or a monthly donation. Your gift will strengthen the fabric of our entire Catholic community and sustain CatholicPhilly.com as your trusted news source. Thank you in advance!
Make your donation by credit card here:
Or make your donation by check:
222 N. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Share this story