We often say that the Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia (CFGP) is your resource for Catholic philanthropy. Traditionally, a community foundation works to provide grants to organizations in need – while CFGP does this, our unique services extend far beyond this one area.
Our focus areas can be broken down into three categories, each of which are made unique by our organization’s model. Let’s take a closer look at each category to better understand what makes us different.
Community foundations are typically concentrated on supporting organizations in a specific region. They do this by fundraising, managing donor gifts and distributing grants to the eligible organizations. As a community foundation, CFGP has the same goal, except our grantmaking procedure allows for the maximization of grants awarded. This is because of our several different avenues for giving.
With so many giving options for our donors, there are multiple ways for organizations to receive grants from CFGP and in turn receive the maximum benefit for their mission to grow and thrive. These giving options are available through our investment management capabilities.
Our investment management services operate in the same way as investment accounts at any other major company. We offer charitable funds including donor-advised, program and endowment funds. We also help manage planned giving vehicles like IRAs, 401(K)s and gifts through wills and estates.
For our charitable funds, we charge a competitive fee of 1.25%, and it includes so much more than what a fee at another institution provides. As standard practice, our team manages all of the investment, audit and distribution work of your account.
Additionally, your investment with CFGP includes:
* Catholic values screening — Our investment management team participates in responsible investing, screening all potential grantee organizations according to guidelines set forth by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB).
* Marketing capabilities and support — Our marketing team will promote your fund to current CFGP donors and friends, garnering additional support to help your fund grow.
* Administrative support — CFGP does not charge a fee per fund distribution, making it easy and cost-effective for you to support the causes you care about. Additionally, we offer an extremely low minimum distribution amount of $250.
* Ministry connections — The core of our mission is to grow the ministries of the church in Philadelphia. Our team will provide you with invaluable insight into the ministries in our area in need of support, connect you to them and foster a relationship to help them grow.
Perhaps our most unique service is our nonprofit consulting. These fundraising and development consulting services provide a team of development professionals who will create a customized approach to fundraising that fits within the mission of the organization we’re working with.
Our team specializes in annual appeals, stewardship programs, feasibility studies, capital campaigns, planned giving, and more. Just like with our other major service categories, our development consulting services offer more than what a standard consulting firm would. When you work with us, you also receive:
* Competitive rates — Costs for our services are well below for-profit company prices.
* Expertise in Catholic giving and stewardship — It’s our job to know the Catholic giving landscape and how it impacts the world around us.
* Dedicated team members — CFGP clients are guaranteed members of our team who are exclusively committed to their mission.
* Partnership — When an organization chooses to work with us, their success is of the utmost importance. We keep lines of communication open, and we don’t focus on billable hours. Our focus is that organization and giving them the peace of mind to do what they do best.
With our special grantmaking abilities, unique investment management benefits and low-cost approach to fundraising and development, CFGP is the most complete resource for Catholic philanthropy. We’re here to help both individuals, ministries, and organizations fulfill their charitable goals. To learn more about CFGP and our mission, visit www.TheCFGP.org.
Sarah Hanley is the president and CEO of the Catholic Foundation of Greater Philadelphia. To learn more, visit TheCFGP.org or call 215-587-5650.
Join the CatholicPhilly.com family
CatholicPhilly.com works to strengthen the connections between people, families and communities every day by delivering the news people need to know about the Catholic Church, especially in the Philadelphia region, and the world in which we live.
By your donation in any amount, you and hundreds of other people become part of our mission to inform, form in the Catholic faith and inspire the thousands of readers who visit every month.
Here is how you can help:
- A $100 gift allows us to present award-winning photos of Catholic life in our neighborhoods.
- A $50 gift enables us to cover a news event in a local parish, school or Catholic institution.
- A $20 gift lets us obtain solid faith formation resources that can deepen your spirituality and knowledge of the faith.
- A small, automated monthly donation means you can support us continually and easily.
Won't you consider making a gift today?
Please join in the church's vital mission of communications by offering a gift in whatever amount that you can ― a single gift of $40, $50, $100, or more, or a monthly donation. Your gift will strengthen the fabric of our entire Catholic community and sustain CatholicPhilly.com as your trusted news source. Thank you in advance!
Make your donation by credit card here:
Or make your donation by check:
222 N. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
PREVIOUS: St. Augustine on sustainability: ‘Enough for all, always’
NEXT: Today ‘we need one another;’ tomorrow may be too late
Share this story