Sister M. Frances Cabrini, formerly Elda Anna Berardocco, died June 24 in Camilla Hall, Immaculata. She was 93 and in her 72nd year of religious life.
Born in Philadelphia, Sister Frances entered the congregation in 1941 from St. Thomas Aquinas Parish in Philadelphia and professed her first vows in 1943. From 1942 until 1958 she taught in the elementary schools of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia and the Diocese of Richmond.
In 1958 Sister Frances was assigned to Little Flower High School to teach home economics. She taught there for 15 years and then at John W. Hallahan for five years. In 1978 she returned to Little Flower for two more years.
From 1981 to 1997 Sister Frances assisted in the libraries at St. Ephrem School, Bensalem; St. Cecilia School, Philadelphia and Holy Saviour School, Norristown. In 1997 she was assigned to Camilla Hall where her ministry was the apostolate of prayer.
The funeral Mass was celebrated June 27 at Camilla Hall. Father William Dean was the celebrant and homilist. Interment followed in the Immaculata Cemetery.
In addition to the members of her religious community, Sister Frances is survived by a niece and nephews, grandnieces, and grandnephews. She was predeceased by her parents, Valeriano and Angelina DeCerchio Berardocco and her siblings, Vincent, Albert and Rudolph Berardocco.