All the faithful are encouraged, when possible, to:
1. participate at Mass and receive the Eucharist daily;
2. celebrate frequently the sacrament of penance;
3. do spiritual reading, especially to study the Sacred Scriptures;
4. join in parish Lenten devotions such as the Stations of the Cross, penance services, rosary devotions and Lenten education and faith formation programs.
5. adore the Blessed Sacrament during Lent.
Check these listings to find a Catholic parish near you in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, which includes phone and available website information.
Catholics are invited to reach out to poor and needy people through programs such as CRS Operation Rice Bowl, which through Catholic Relief Services aids millions of hungry people throughout the world, the United States and here at home.
See more Lenten resources in CatholicPhilly.com’s Lent 2016 section.