All the faithful are encouraged, when possible, to:
1. participate at Mass and receive the Eucharist daily;
2. celebrate frequently the sacrament of penance;
3. do spiritual reading, especially to study the Sacred Scriptures;
4. join in parish Lenten devotions such as the Stations of the Cross, penance services, rosary devotions and Lenten education and faith formation programs.
5. adore the Blessed Sacrament during Lent.
Check these listings to find a Catholic parish near you in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, which includes phone and available website information.
Catholics are invited to reach out to poor and needy people through programs such as CRS Operation Rice Bowl, which through Catholic Relief Services aids millions of hungry people throughout the world, the United States and here at home.
See more Lenten resources in CatholicPhilly.com’s Lent 2016 section.
Help us keep you informed -- CatholicPhilly.com can't do it with youDuring CatholicPhilly.com's fall donation campaign, you have a way to help us deliver the kind of news you need to know about the Catholic Church, especially in the Philadelphia region, and the world in which we live. Every household's costs keep rising, and we're no different. We make sure your dollars in any amount go a long way toward continuing our mission to inform, form in the Catholic faith and inspire the thousands of readers who visit every month. Here is how you can help:
- A $100 gift allows us to present award-winning photos of Catholic life in our neighborhoods.
- A $50 gift enables us to cover a news event in a local parish, school or Catholic institution.
- A $20 gift lets us obtain solid faith formation resources that can deepen your spirituality and knowledge of the faith.
- A small, automated monthly donation means you can support us continually and easily.
Please join in the church's vital mission of communications by offering a gift in whatever amount that you can -- a single gift of $40, $50, $100, or more, or a monthly donation. Your gift will strengthen the fabric of our entire Catholic community.
Make your donation by check:
222 N. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Or by credit card here: