The International Theology of the Body Congress will be held in Philadelphia July 9-11 at the Sheraton Downtown Philadelphia Hotel and hosted by the Theology of the Body Institute.
The congress and its activities are based upon Pope John Paul II’s teaching on human sexuality and the Christian mystery of spousal union with Christ. That teaching has been titled the Theology of the Body.
Some of the world’s leading experts and members of the church hierarchy will gather to teach and network with educators, activists and devotees to apply this teaching to many facets of the Catholic faith and everyday life.
Highlights of the three-day program include:
• More than 30 seminars, roundtable discussions, expert panels and keynotes;
• Sharing and collaboration between key Theology of the Body leaders, catechists, church leaders and teachers from around the country;
• Catholic vendors specializing in Theology of the Body-related products;
• Two breakfasts, a luncheon, two dinners and a special awards presentation;
• Eucharistic adoration, reconciliation and daily Mass celebrated at the Cathedral Basilica of SS. Peter and Paul.
Learn more and register for the congress at its website.
Help us keep you informed -- CatholicPhilly.com can't do it without youDuring CatholicPhilly.com's fall donation campaign, you have a way to help us deliver the kind of news you need to know about the Catholic Church, especially in the Philadelphia region, and the world in which we live. Every household's costs keep rising, and we're no different. We make sure your dollars in any amount go a long way toward continuing our mission to inform, form in the Catholic faith and inspire the thousands of readers who visit every month. Here is how you can help:
- A $100 gift allows us to present award-winning photos of Catholic life in our neighborhoods.
- A $50 gift enables us to cover a news event in a local parish, school or Catholic institution.
- A $20 gift lets us obtain solid faith formation resources that can deepen your spirituality and knowledge of the faith.
- A small, automated monthly donation means you can support us continually and easily.
Please join in the church's vital mission of communications by offering a gift in whatever amount that you can -- a single gift of $40, $50, $100, or more, or a monthly donation. Your gift will strengthen the fabric of our entire Catholic community.
Make your donation by check:
222 N. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Or by credit card here: