Pastoral Care for Veterans & Their Families/ Building Community Partnerships
Cranaleith Spiritual Center
Start Date and Time:
May 7 , 2018, 10 AM
End Date and Time
May 8, 2018, 3 PM
As a member of clergy, you and your place of worship are an important contact point for Veterans in your community. Sometimes clergy members aren’t aware of the Veterans in their congregation or how they might help them and their family following deployment.
You may recognize Veterans who are struggling in their return to civilian life, but not know how to offer support.
Rotunda East, DMin. & Chris Antal, DMin.
Veterans and staff chaplains at the Crescenz VA Medical Center, will facilitate the training
- Identifying potential conflicts between civilian and military
- Actions community clergy can take to assist Vets and their
families with healthy adjustment to a civilian culture
- Types of common military events that can cause providers
- Building a network of community support for military members,
Veterans and their families
- The importance of communities for reintegration
- Congregation as community for reintegration and community
- Lessons learned from VA/Community Clergy Partnerships
Ticket URL (optional)
In a time of crisis CatholicPhilly.com keeps the information flowing
During the current coronavirus crisis, you can help CatholicPhilly.com deliver the kind of news people need to know about the Catholic Church, especially in the Philadelphia region, and the world in which we live ― every day.
Budgets are tight at this time, and CatholicPhilly's is no different than those of most families. We make sure your donation in any amount will go a long way toward continuing our mission to inform, form in the Catholic faith and inspire the thousands of readers who visit every month.
Here is how you can help:
- A $100 gift allows us to present award-winning photos of Catholic life in our neighborhoods.
- A $50 gift enables us to cover a news event in a local parish, school or Catholic institution.
- A $20 gift lets us obtain solid faith formation resources that can deepen your spirituality and knowledge of the faith.
- A small, automated monthly donation means you can support us continually and easily.
Won't you consider making a gift today?
Please join in the church's vital mission of communications by offering a gift in whatever amount that you can ― a single gift of $40, $50, $100, or more, or a monthly donation. Your gift will strengthen the fabric of our entire Catholic community.
Make your donation by credit card here:
Or make your donation by check:
222 N. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103