Pastoral Care for Veterans & Their Families/ Building Community Partnerships
Cranaleith Spiritual Center
Start Date and Time:
May 7 , 2018, 10 AM
End Date and Time
May 8, 2018, 3 PM
As a member of clergy, you and your place of worship are an important contact point for Veterans in your community. Sometimes clergy members aren’t aware of the Veterans in their congregation or how they might help them and their family following deployment.
You may recognize Veterans who are struggling in their return to civilian life, but not know how to offer support.
Rotunda East, DMin. & Chris Antal, DMin.
Veterans and staff chaplains at the Crescenz VA Medical Center, will facilitate the training
- Identifying potential conflicts between civilian and military
- Actions community clergy can take to assist Vets and their
families with healthy adjustment to a civilian culture
- Types of common military events that can cause providers
- Building a network of community support for military members,
Veterans and their families
- The importance of communities for reintegration
- Congregation as community for reintegration and community
- Lessons learned from VA/Community Clergy Partnerships
Ticket URL (optional)
Help us keep you informed -- CatholicPhilly.com can't do it without youDuring CatholicPhilly.com's fall donation campaign, you have a way to help us deliver the kind of news you need to know about the Catholic Church, especially in the Philadelphia region, and the world in which we live. Every household's costs keep rising, and we're no different. We make sure your dollars in any amount go a long way toward continuing our mission to inform, form in the Catholic faith and inspire the thousands of readers who visit every month. Here is how you can help:
- A $100 gift allows us to present award-winning photos of Catholic life in our neighborhoods.
- A $50 gift enables us to cover a news event in a local parish, school or Catholic institution.
- A $20 gift lets us obtain solid faith formation resources that can deepen your spirituality and knowledge of the faith.
- A small, automated monthly donation means you can support us continually and easily.
Please join in the church's vital mission of communications by offering a gift in whatever amount that you can -- a single gift of $40, $50, $100, or more, or a monthly donation. Your gift will strengthen the fabric of our entire Catholic community.
Make your donation by check:
222 N. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Or by credit card here: