The Consecration of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia to Our Lady of Fatima
Cathedral Basilica of SS. Peter and Paul
Start Date and Time:
October 15, 11 a.m.
End Date and Time
October 15, 12:30 p.m.
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia will be entrusted to the care of the Blessed Virgin Mary in honor of the 100th anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima. Archbishop Charles J. Chaput will consecrate the archdiocese to Our Lady of Fatima at the 11 a.m. Mass at the Cathedral Basilica of SS. Peter and Paul.
Clergy, religious and faithful of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia are invited to participate in this momentous occasion in the life of the archdiocese. It is a decisive moment in which we turn our local church, our parishes, schools, institutions, ourselves and our families over to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
All are encouraged to prepare spiritually for this consecration by participating in the traditional practice of a 33-day preparation process using one of these resources:
- St. Louis de Montfort’s “Preparation for Total Consecration”
- Father Michael Gaitley’s “33 Days to Morning Glory” preparation process
To prepare for 33 days prior to our archdiocesan consecration date of Oct. 15, preparation would begin on Tuesday, Sept. 12.
Join the CatholicPhilly.com family
CatholicPhilly.com works to strengthen the connections between people, families and communities every day by delivering the news people need to know about the Catholic Church, especially in the Philadelphia region, and the world in which we live.
By your donation in any amount, you and hundreds of other people become part of our mission to inform, form in the Catholic faith and inspire the thousands of readers who visit every month.
Here is how you can help:
- A $100 gift allows us to present award-winning photos of Catholic life in our neighborhoods.
- A $50 gift enables us to cover a news event in a local parish, school or Catholic institution.
- A $20 gift lets us obtain solid faith formation resources that can deepen your spirituality and knowledge of the faith.
- A small, automated monthly donation means you can support us continually and easily.
Won't you consider making a gift today?
Please join in the church's vital mission of communications by offering a gift in whatever amount that you can ― a single gift of $40, $50, $100, or more, or a monthly donation. Your gift will strengthen the fabric of our entire Catholic community and sustain CatholicPhilly.com as your trusted news source. Thank you in advance!
Make your donation by credit card here:
Or make your donation by check:
222 N. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103