Following the release in mid-November of audited financial statements for its Office for Financial Services, the Archdiocese of Philadelphia released 14 additional statements for 11 church entities on Friday, Dec. 15.
All the statements for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2017 were audited by the firm Grant Thornton.
Last month’s audited financial statements showed improvement of more than $200 million against underfunded balance sheet obligations since June 30, 2012. The archdiocese anticipates break-even operating results for the current fiscal year ending June 30, 2018.
The new statements include the following:
- Catholic Human Services: Catholic Community Services
- Catholic Human Services: Catholic Social Services
- Catholic Human Services: Saint Francis-Saint Joseph Homes for Children
- Catholic Human Services: Saint Gabriel’s System
- Catholic Human Services: Nutritional Development Services
- Office of Catholic Education: Administration Account
- Office of Catholic Education: High Schools
- Office of Catholic Education: Schools of Special Education
- Saint John’s Hospice
- Saint John Vianney Center
- The Philadelphia Theological Seminary of Saint Charles Borromeo
The archdiocese previously announced an outsourced management agreement and long-term lease regarding 13 Catholic cemeteries with StoneMor in September 2013. The audited financial statements for the three cemeteries-related entities were also published today.
- Office of Catholic Cemeteries
- Archdiocese of Philadelphia Cemetery Permanent Lot Care Fund Irrevocable Trust (“Perpetual Care Fund”)
- Philadelphia Catholic Cemeteries, LLC (“PCC”)
Additional audited financial statements for the Secretariat for Catholic Human Services, the Catholic Charities Appeal or the Heritage of Faith-Vision of Hope Capital Campaign will be published in coming weeks, according to the archdiocese.
None of the reports released by the archdiocese include financial statements for individual parishes, which are independent entities.
Help us keep you informed -- CatholicPhilly.com can't do it without youDuring CatholicPhilly.com's fall donation campaign, you have a way to help us deliver the kind of news you need to know about the Catholic Church, especially in the Philadelphia region, and the world in which we live. Every household's costs keep rising, and we're no different. We make sure your dollars in any amount go a long way toward continuing our mission to inform, form in the Catholic faith and inspire the thousands of readers who visit every month. Here is how you can help:
- A $100 gift allows us to present award-winning photos of Catholic life in our neighborhoods.
- A $50 gift enables us to cover a news event in a local parish, school or Catholic institution.
- A $20 gift lets us obtain solid faith formation resources that can deepen your spirituality and knowledge of the faith.
- A small, automated monthly donation means you can support us continually and easily.
Please join in the church's vital mission of communications by offering a gift in whatever amount that you can -- a single gift of $40, $50, $100, or more, or a monthly donation. Your gift will strengthen the fabric of our entire Catholic community.
Make your donation by check:
222 N. 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Or by credit card here: